The Flames seem to enjoy killing penalties these days. That makes it even more important for the rare times when they get a PP, to cash in on the man advantage. But it’s been frustrating at times watching the PP unfold with the likes of Brouwer taking first team reps. We thought we’d throw together a quick, ‘Great Flames’ Powerplay Units of All Time’ as if Glen Gulutzan himself was picking them.
– Ric Nattress at LD
– Alex Tanguay at RD (duh?)
– Jankowski, somewhere around the hash marks, doesn’t matter which side
– Hakan Loob behind the net
– Rico Fata, maybe sorta in the slot, but not really.
– Jarome Iginla serving malts to sections 211 and 212, BUT NOT SECTION 213, THOSE ASSHOLES KNOW WHAT THEY DID
– Rhett Warrener, drunk, maybe at the point, but who the fuck knows where
– Theoren Fleury at RW
– Al MacInnis in front of the net, screening
– Paul Ranheim, maybe sorta carrying the puck, but goes offside 91% of the time.
– Troy Brouwer
That is all.