Puck drop is so close you can taste the bad blood that hasn’t even appeared. Calgary Flames fans are eager to see if their team can turn around their lackluster end of season play to trump the favorite Chicago Blackhawks in this year’s NHL playoffs.
In order to win Calgary will require standout performances from their top line, goaltender, and defensive corps. Getting healthy bodies back into the lineup would help as well. Here’s what’s been said around the blogosphere.
- Oli Jokinen on his first playoff series.
- Flames to face Hawks Yahoo perspective.
- The entire team from rookies and vets ready for game 1.
- Anders Eriksson brings Stanley Cup and playoff experience. He cleared waivers and fills the injury whole on D.
- Chances of a rookie Ontheforecheck with their preview and stats.
- Dustin Boyd happy to be back with the rest of the calls ups.
- GAA a big issue for Calgary?
- BTW, Will Cammalleri has never played in the playoffs either.
- ‘Reporter’ from Chicago writes about Flames players who are boderline dirty. A bit more analysis would have gone a long way.
- can the Flames solve the Bulin wall?
- Rene Bourque returns to the line up just in time and ahead of schedule.
- Is this the Stanley Cup year? Asks George Johnson.
- Globe and Mail Noting new and mended bodies coming for the Flames.
- Sutter says 17 million on IR out of his control. He’s right, nothing he could do with injury and cap problems. Would you take Jokinen for this year and next?