Three reasons why Calgary lost another heartbreaking game in Chicago.
1) Line combos are messy and there is zero continuity. Second goal tonight against was largely a result of players not knowing where they were supposed to be on the ice.
2) Iginla is a non factor. A 19 year old Toews is outplaying him by miles. Anybody can put a puck in an open net. The old Iginla used to drive hard to the net and skate to win battles. Now he just floats on the wing and is a non factor.
3) Kiprusoff didn’t make any big saves.
That’s about it. Calgary plays 3 periods like they did in tonight’s first and they’ll take the series. Here’s to sweeping the next two games.
Here’s what others had to say about the game.
- AP post-game.
- The coaching staff point to Jokinen and Iginla to perform. They didn’t.
- Flames official post game
- Chicago fans gloating hardcore An upset is still possible and Chicago is not out of the woods. This is closest series by far.