Another win to make it two in a row for the Flames, and their second in a row at home. Nobody really knows how long this win streak will last for the club, but we’ll take it while it lasts. The reason why you can’t bank on consistency just yet is because every night another game star emerges. But behind the 3rd or 4th line contributions the defensive pairing of TJ Brodie and Giordano remain unchanged, and for the latter, his play leads the league for defencemen, and near the top for total points as well.
Mark Giordano is the real deal, if he keeps it up he wins the Norris hands down. The real deal, and with a leading pairing like the Flames have, well, you have one of 3 pieces to a championship team.
Some post-game thoughts:
– Big ups to the first start of the game from the Calgary Flames–Craig Anderson. The Senators goalie was essentially the reason why the Flames won. His terrible puck handling lead directly to two goals.
– Josh Jooris with a 2 point night. Getting great value from his contract this year that’s for sure.
– Anybody remember Stajan, Colborne, Backlund, or Raymond? Can you believe we’re winning without those guys?
– David Jones hurt again, what else is new.
– Giordano left the game after taking a stick to the eye. Point streak now at 9 games.
– Lance Bouma with great penalty killing and two point night.
– Bollig back in the lineup. He had a fight and three penalties, so not much.
Now big Western teams are coming to town. Let’s see how the team fairs.