Calgary 4 – LA 3
Although the line hasn’t changed significantly, it has changed enough. Imagine what steady solid goaltending can do for your club. Although it’s early in the season, players like Ferland, Brouwer, and Stajan need to find an extra gear, the Flames lineup is starting to roll out some wins in tough to win places. After Monday’s win in Anaheim, tonight they played a renewed Kings team. At times, the Flames dominated 5v5 play. At other times, like the start of the 3rd, they were swimming. (It doesn’t help every time that 4th line steps on the ice it’s a tire fire.)
Oh and by the way, Jaromir Jagr made his debut.
The Post-Game Summary
- Mike Smith with another solid outing. We’ll get to see Eddie Lack for either Friday or Saturday.
- Matthew Tkachuk was up to his usual antics harassing the Kings, especially Drew Doughty. Tkachuk also scored 2 and had a team high 8 shots on goal.
- Tiny Guadreau also enjoys LA with 16 points in 15 games against the Kings.
- Monahan with the nifty OT goal off of a pass from Brodie.
- The Flames collapsed in the third, giving up two goals, but managed to tie things up and take it overtime.
- Jaromir Jagr, the legend, the old man, made his debut and looked pretty good. Albeit, he needs to sharpen his skates.
Here’s Jagr giving a boost to Bartkowski to catch Lewis on a breakaway.
Flames continue their work at home against Ottawa on Friday, and Vancouver on Saturday.