Well you didn’t really expect this one. Calgary outplayed Montreal the last time the teams meet last week at home. Montreal won in a shoot-out. TOnight, Calgary badly outplayed the Canadiens at home, a place where no team in the NHL has picked up a point this year. Despite an up-tempo start, Montreal slowly gave way the the relentless forecheck of Calgary, and in a big way too, to the tune of six goals.
AND NOW, the post game after-thoughts.
– Josh Jooris. 13 minutes of ice-time, two great goals. HE opened the scoring and chipped in a pretty breakaway. Good forth / third line minutes.
– TJ Brodie. Wow, what a deal if he can keep his play up for the length of his contract. 3 assists tonight, leading the rush, making stops in his end.
– Gaudreau. TWo assists and got things going early.
– Glencross and Hudler, mutiple point nights again.
– Down the middle the Flames miss 3 regulars in Stajan, Colbourne, and Backlund. Mason Raymond out as well. None will return during this road-trip. In their place? Baertschi called up, Jooris, Granlund, Ferland. None have looked out of place.
– Hiller in net and was solid. Defensively Calgary leads in the first pairing, but take a nose dive for the third.
Next up, Capitals on Tuesday.