Calgary is a solid 6-0-1 after a loss and continue to beat teams that are bigger and more skilled. With reinforcements on the way, the Flames played their second of three games on the road rolling through California and Arizona on Saturday. With the win tonight Calgary keeps up with the leaders in the Pacific division and makes the hint of playoffs all that more real.
Here are some post-game thoughts:
– Despite two goals the Flames had moments when they were clearly running around in their own zone. Only 18 shots on goal.
– Sean Monahan with repeated giveaways in his own zone. The weakest game by far from him.
– David Jones back in the lineup and added some needed speed.
– Dennis Wideman saved a sure goal in the third period.
– Hudler with a two goal performance, one empty netter for his 10th of the season.
– Derek Engelland was a late game scratch because he blows.
– Flames destroyed in the faceoff dot tonight.
– Sven Baertschi almost had 10 minutes of ice time. With Corban Knight going down and Devin Setoguchi getting waived, he is running out of time to prove himself.