Thus far in the 2015 season the Flames have struggled is there periodperiod. That’s a far cry from last year when the team was one of the league’s top third period performers. Four times the Flames have had third period leads and lost, would the same collapse happen tonight?
Here’s the posting vignette.
- TJ Brodie and Mark Giordano looked like they were in old form. Clearly the top D playing right now is Brodie however. The Captain still hasn’t found his game and one has to wonder whether or not he’s hurt.
- David Jones was playing season high minutes taking a regular shift on the first power play unit.
- Matt Stajan scored his first goal since the series clincher in last year’s playoffs. That’s right, last year’s playoffs.
- Sam Bennett looks like the real deal and every game he seems to be getting better. It’s too bad he doesn’t have an equally offensively capable centreman.
- Kari Ramo with the start yet again. He wasn’t elite, but solid enough to get the win. He’ll undoubtedly get the start again Friday against Chicago.
- Gaudreau controlled the puck at times but he has been off the scoresheet for some time. Hudler, well he’s completely missing in action.
- Brandon Bollig somehow continues to find his way into the lineup. Josh Jooris was back after the demotion of David Grant. Jooris had a good quick game and have many scoring opportunities.