The final game before the Christmas break brought cheer to the hometown fans as the Calgary Flames tied franchise record winning their 10th straight game at home. It sounds like a broken record but once again Johnny Gaudreau lead the way with yet another hat trick. He is quickly proving himself to be formidable in a league built for players twice his size, which is good for him considering this is a contract year he is slated to cash in big-time.
Here’s the post game.
- After losing two straight on the recent three-game road swinging at the place got back on track picking up two points.
- Winnipeg was coming off of a back-to-back game playing last night in Edmonton. They seemed to be a step behind in the third period when Calgary broke the game open late.
- Back in the lineup was Lance Bouma who returned after 2.5 months i nthe sick bay for a broken leg.
- Ramo with another solid outing in net. He is finding his game which bodes well for the team.
- Sitting for the Flames were Jooris, Bollig, and Smid. Frolik is out with a shoulder injury.
- The team will now take their Christmas break and return to action on Sunday playing against their provincial rivals