There is it. What we’ve all been waiting for. Secondary scoring. There hasn’t been a 5v5 goal ALL YEAR from the bottom six forwards, but tonight a few decided to show up. Here’s the brief post-game summary.
- News before the game was Rasmus Andersson getting into his first game this season. He didn’t look that bad and worked well with Brett Kulak, who continues to improve his game. If this means no more Bartkowski, everyone wins.
- The 4th line was pretty much useless. So is the PP because the first unit is lost. But the third line. Well…..
- First NHL goal that went off his ass, Mark Jankowski. Assist, Jagr, and Sam Bennett’s first point this year (yikes).
- Fifth goal of the evening, Gaudreau to Jagr. The ‘Dome goes wild when Jagr gets chances, it’s the only time they’re legit excited.
- Top line lead by Gaudreau is on fire. Ferland continues his torrid pace, and Gaudreau is now third in the league in scoring. He’s dialled in right now and is playing some of the best hockey we’ve seen to date.
The Flames need to build on their secondary scoring and overall game. Special teams need to kick it up a notch, but if that bottom six can find their groove, look out.